Environmentally Friendly Products
Words to Know
- Compost – a valuable soil amendment made from organics and compostable packaging.
- Compostable – describes a product or waste that can be organically broken down into compost.
- Post–consumer recycled – made, at least in part, from products that have been used at least once and recycled into something new. (Note that just because something has been recycled does not mean it is recyclable).
- Recyclable – a product made from valuable materials that can be shredded, melted or otherwise reduced to their raw forms and reformed into something new.
- Non–Renewable Resource or Finite Resources – raw materials, like fossil fuels, that cannot be replenished as fast as they are being consumed.
- Renewable Resource – a raw material, like wheat straw or corn, that grows back annually.
- Reclaimed Resource – a byproduct that can be used to create something new rather than get discarded. (i.e. Sugarcane fiber leftover from the sugar-making process can be molded into plates and containers.)
- Hot Cups
- Cold Cups
- Paper Food Containers
- Hinged Food Containers
- Plates & Bowls
- Coffee Sleeves